For the management of the company and all its employees, office relocation is associated with many different difficulties and inconveniences. Often, the person responsible for moving to a new place faces this problem for the first time and does not know where to start. The difficulty is that you need to organize everything, as a rule, in a fairly short time, which leads to additional costs and force majeure. The first thing you need to do if you received instructions to prepare a move – to make a clear thought-out plan.
In order for the office relocation to be carried out as efficiently as possible and within the specified time frame, it is necessary to draw up a plan that takes into account all the main nuances. Each item should be given special attention.
1. Search for a carrier
The safety of material values, efficiency and quality of the office moving depends on the professionalism of the employed workers. Best of all, use the services of a company that has proven itself in this area. Such a company can be found through agencies, advertising in the media or the Internet. There are several factors that will help to distinguish experienced carriers from amateurs or scammers:
- availability of a dispatcher – a special employee must take an order for relocation who will be able to provide high-quality advice on all the details. This indicates that customer requests are recorded and treated responsibly;
- accurate calculation of the cost of transportation – the price of services must be negotiated and approved in advance. If the carrier refuses to pay, he will certainly overestimate the cost of work, report on the need for new expenses;
- clarification of details – in order to carry out all the necessary work, the employees of the carrier should be aware of all the main nuances. For example, addresses, the number of furniture, the number of the floor where the room is located, the presence of an elevator, possible difficulties along the line. Such clarifications indicate the awareness of the company, its experience in the field of transportation;
- availability of additional services – carriers with a good reputation often offer such services as a travel expert, appraiser, who will help to calculate the exact cost of moving, packing valuable things, placing furniture in a new place, cleaning up garbage.
An excellent option for a quick office move is cheap Southern California movers.
2. Conclusion of a contract with the carrier
The contract must be made in writing in compliance with all legal formalities. This gives a guarantee of quality of work, fixes the cost of services and gives confidence in the competence of the company.
3. Making a list of things
It is necessary to know exactly the number and name of office equipment, furniture, documents. This will help to prevent the problem of loss of certain material assets during the move.
4. Employee awareness
Company employees should know exactly when the move will be made. By this time, they need to take personal belongings from workplaces, disassemble and organize documents. By the time of packing, all bedside tables and cabinets should be empty.
5. Updating plans
In order to avoid force majeure, it is necessary to contact the carrier 1-2 days before the move and clarify the agreement. This will help remind them about you, ascertain the availability of transport and workers, and once again discuss the details.
Office relocation has its own characteristics, since the person in charge is responsible not only for meeting deadlines, but also for the safety of things, office equipment and valuable documents. To avoid complications and unforeseen expenses, it is necessary to make a clear plan of action. This will help to navigate in the volume and cost of work, effectively allocate time and think through all the details. Having a plan will make organizing a move much easier, save valuable time and eliminate unnecessary worries.