If you still do not know how to choose a hosting, then this article will be very useful. Today, hosting services are offered by many providers, the number of which is already in the thousands. New hosters are constantly appearing and disappear just as unexpectedly. They have a different pricing policy, degree of reliability, and the range of services provided. Everyone decides who to go with their created site for themselves, but we will share our own accumulated experience, what you need to focus on when choosing a hosting and what kind of judgment is better not to listen to.
To decide which companies you should take a closer look at and choose a hosting for your needs, you can use the list of requirements that would suit your project. You will also need to consider additional information about the necessary software, expected traffic, and disk space. It is still important to understand in time: a quality provider in front of you or a one-day company.
Varieties of hosting
Each of the 4 types of hosting has its own characteristics:
- Virtual (shared). Together with your site, the server hosts many other pages from clients who need this service. All work with the same software. It is convenient to place small, inexpensive projects that do not occupy large disk space.
- Dedicated physical. It differs from the previous one in the possibility of providing your site with its own server. Hosting allows the installation of any operating system and software. It is necessary with a large number of visitors to the resource and the implementation of additional actions on it (for example, when placing large online stores, online strategies and more).
- Virtual Private Server (VPS). Combines the advantages of both hosting services. Here the agreed disk space is rented on a real server. Within it, you can install scripts and programs. It will be interesting for users and the functionality of the control panel.
- Cloud. It is created by the resources of several machines combined into a single whole. It is considered the most reliable, since even the failure of one of the servers does not affect the operation of the entire network. The client in fact pays only for the power consumed (the use of RAM, disk space and CPU).
Beginners are better off using shared hosting. It is not too expensive, it is dominated by small article sites of the landing page and small business. Also, special technical knowledge is not required here and one-page online stores can be freely placed. All the options can be found here https://justvps.com/.
How to choose a provider?
Having previously selected several companies and found out their technical capabilities, it remains to check the legal aspects and make the final choice of hosting for further cooperation. The following information is used for this:
- The presence of official registration.
- Real office. If the details are limited to only an email address, the company is either created recently or does not plan to work for a long time, and in the current competition, one may be the result of the other. Although there are rare exceptions. Also good when there is a landline number.
- Payment Acceptance Methods. A big plus here is the work of the company with paypal or webmoney – for one-day firms, these payment systems are almost inaccessible. Interaction with payment terminals also indicates the viability of the hoster.
- The period of existence of the domain. When it has been used for less than a year, the risks of working with such providers are greatly increased.
- Rates offered. Do not be fooled by the low cost – the declared services there rarely correspond to reality, and in most cases ordinary schoolchildren are the owners of the resource. It is better to limit yourself to something average.
- Website design. When its level is low and errors are present – comments are unnecessary.
- Reputation. Now it’s hard to judge companies by reviews – most of them cannot be taken seriously.